Embedded systems are becoming more complex with users expecting more and more features, needing to connect to the internet, provide security, remote device management and many other features. Developing drivers and application code from scratch is no longer an option and developers and companies that do so will quickly find themselves struggling to compete in today’s fast paced environment. The key to success is leveraging existing software and making sure that it is reusable and portable to any microcontroller based system.
In “Developing Reusable Firmware – A Practical Approach to APIs, HALs and Drivers”, Jacob Beningo provides readers with the knowledge and skills necessary to improve their own embedded software based on more than 15 years developing reusable and portable software for resource constrained microcontroller based systems. Jacob explores API’s, HAL’s and driver development among other topics to provide readers with a solid foundation for improving their own software. The book not only explores critical concepts but also provides a plethora of examples, exercises and case studies on how to use and implement the concepts.
The best way to see what this book is about is to review the table of contents and read the sample chapter. This will give you a feel for not just the content but also the author’s writing style. The information can be found below:
- Concepts for developing portable firmware using the C programming language
- What an API and a HAL are, their differences and why they are important to even resource constrained software developers.
- Microcontroller driver development concepts, strategies and examples
- How to write drivers that are reusable across multiple MCU families and vendors
- Improving the way software documented
- Processes to design API’s and HAL’s for microcontroller based systems
Developers may also be interested in “An API Standard for MCU’s” which is a companion software manual including API examples for MCU’s.
Developing Reusable Firmware now available.
|Electronic – $25.00 USD|
|Paperback – $35.00 USD|
|Electronic and Paperback – $45.00 USD|
*Shipping outside the U.S. will require additional shipping costs
* Please note that once the book is added to the cart you can return to the Check-out by clicking here.