- This event has passed.
How to choose between analog hardware and DSP software
January 24, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Designers of embedded systems are under extraordinary pressure to build solutions that are as inexpensive as possible. Just ask those trying to hit the 1 trillion mark for deployed IoT nodes! Most embedded designs contain analog components that increase the cost of the system, and usually increase the physical dimensions of the system. There are alternatives to replace these analog parts.
In this webinar with embedded software expert, Jacob Beningo, we will explore how developers can use digital signal processing techniques to replace analog components to decrease bill of material (BOM) costs, reduce the design cycle time and increase engineering flexibility. We will take a hands-on approach, providing demonstrations and real-world examples on how developers can achieve this goal.
This webinar will be delivered by Jacob Beningo, in partnership with Arm.
- How to convert analog circuits into equivalent DSP software
- Advantages and disadvantages of using software over hardware
- How to decrease BOM costs by reducing the number of analog components
- DSP algorithms that developers can use to replace analog components
- Recommendations for when and where to use software over hardware