The ability to update firmware in the field is a component that nearly every modern embedded system needs. The problem is that readily available bootloaders are often not secure or very robust.
Application code is rarely completed when a device enters the production stage. While deployed, devices often need firmware updates to fix bugs, improve performance and add new features. Successfully developing a bootloader can be challenging, time intensive and costly if the right skill set and tools are not present.
In order to help our clients successfully update their firmware in field in a robust and secure manner, we offer several solutions:
- Bootloader review and auditing
- Secure bootloader strategy development
- Bootloader design techniques training
- The Beningo Embedded Secure Bootloader framework
- Custom bootloader design and implementation services